Pastels with Emily Christoff Flowers at Arts on Main
September 23 @ 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm$25.00
Emily will show students how to create a simple watercolor painting using basic watercolor techniques. Pastel will be applied over the painting to create a highly textured finished drawing. Students will use their own photo or the instructor can send her photo and students can draw along with her to complete their work of art. Students will also learn about texture and mark-making in addition to the session focus.
● White foam board cut to 11 x 14”” or larger
Purchase at the dollar store or Walmart
This can be reused for each class.
● Soft pastel, set of 15 assorted colors, half sticks.
Use your own soft pastels or purchase at DickBlick.com for $24.95 https://www.dickblick.com/items/21948-1209/
● Hard pastels, Set of 12 assorted colors
Prismacolor Nupastel, set of 12 or larger, $12.90
Use your own hard pastels or order from Dickblick https://www.dickblick.com/items/20034-1209/
● Krylon workable fixative. Michaels or dickblick.com $6.27 https://www.dickblick.com/products/krylon-workable-mattefixatif/
● Kneaded eraser
● 2b charcoal pencil
● Carbon paper. Staples or Office Max
● One sheet of watercolor paper 140 lb. or thicker
Instructor is working in 11 x 14” but students may work in any size that you prefer. Students will use their own paper or purchase at dickblick.com for $6.94, https://www.dickblick.com/items/10148-1005/
● Watercolor paints
Students will use your their own watercolor paints and brushes or purchase a beginners set at any art store, or purchase at Dickblick.com for $4.97 (includes a brush) https://www.dickblick.com/items/00309-1109/
● Hair dryer
● Rubbing alcohol